So , I am a huge fan of cheese !!
But not with live stuff on it. EEk.
Yup, this cheese isfound in Sardinia, Italy.
Surprisingly though the one place people want to eat this cheese it was illegal for a time beacuse of food- hygine laws? Weird.
It is made by
- Acquiring some Sardinian Sheep milk cheese
- Adding some live insect larvae.
- Letting nature and these live insects take course and FERMENT.
The larvae eat through the cheese releasing an acid that then makes the cheese softer.
Precautions to take when eating though
- The cheese is eaten with the insects still alive.
- The insects are known to be able to jump up to 15 feet so beware they might try to attack.
- If you dont want to eat the cheese with the insects still alive you can place the cheese in a bag and allow the insects to be oxygen deprived causing them to die.